MAKING YOUR SUPPORT OF CHANDOR GARDENS FOUNDATION EVERLASTING
The following are a few ways to give which will make a lasting impact at Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. right now or in the future:
Outright Gift Of Personal Property
Your treasures like valuable antiques, stamp and coin collections, works of art, cars, boats, and other personal property can make suitable charitable gifts today. This allows you to benefit our work today and receive a federal income tax charitable deduction when you itemize.
NOTE: The financial benefits of the gift depend on whether we can use the property in a way that is related to our mission.
Related use property-e.g., a piece of artwork given to an art museum-is deductible at the full fair market value. Any other property is deemed nonrelated use property and the deduction would be limited to the lesser of fair market value or your tax basis in the property.
If the federal income tax charitable deduction claimed for a gift of tangible personal property exceeds $5,000, you must obtain an appraisal from a qualified appraiser and submit a special IRS form with the tax return on which the deduction is claimed.
Of Particular Significance: Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. is specifically hoping for the gradual return of original art by Doulas Chandor, as well as Douglas and Ina’s furnishings, personal effects, and antique garden features as part of our mission to preserve this historic gem for future generations.
Honor the memory of a friend or loved one by giving a memorial gift in their name to Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. Your donation is a thoughtful way of continuing the legacy of a friend or loved one, while supporting the mission of Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc.
Included as part of a memorial gift we also will add a picture of your friend or loved one, along with a short message or sentiment if you so desire, to our Virtual Memorial Wall on this website. One of the most touching aspects of the Virtual Memorial Wall is that it lasts forever and it is designed to bring back happy memories, while also expressing that those we have lost will always be honored and loved.
We ask that you provide us your name and address, the deceased person’s name, and the name and address of the person to whom you want us to send an acknowledgment (to you or to the person you designate as the recipient). We’ll send a card to the person you wish to be notified of your gift.
Please complete the Memorial Gift form.
Charitable IRA Rollover
If you are 70½ years old or older, and have an Individual Retirement Account (IRA) you can take advantage of a simple way to benefit Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. and receive tax benefits in return.
Beginning at age 70½, people with an IRA are required to withdraw a minimum amount from their account every year. This is known as the required minimum distribution. The required minimum distribution is taxed as income. People who do not need the income or who wish to reduce their tax liability can meet the required minimum distribution by transferring funds from their IRA to a charity. This way of giving is called a Charitable IRA Rollover.
This law no longer has an expiration date so you are free to make annual gifts to Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. this year and well into the future.
Why consider this type of gift?
- Your gift will be put to use today, allowing you to see the difference your gift is making.
- You pay no income taxes on the gift. The transfer generates neither taxable income nor a tax deduction, so you benefit even if you do not itemize your deductions.
- If you have not yet taken your required minimum distribution for the year, your IRA charitable rollover gift can satisfy all or part of that requirement.
Leave a legacy of support for Chandor Gardens.
A planned or deferred gift is a meaningful way to leave a legacy of support to an organization that has had meaning or has touched your life. You don’t need to be wealthy to make a planned gift. With thoughtful planning, you have the opportunity to make a significant gift that will benefit the future of Chandor Gardens, and make a lasting statement about what is important to you.
Examples of these types of gifts are:
- Name Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. in a will or living trust
- Designate Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc.as a beneficiary in a qualified retirement plan [e.g., IRA, 401(k) or 403(b)]
- Designate Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. as a beneficiary in a life insurance or group life insurance policy
- Establish a charitable remainder trust or charitable lead trust
- Make a gift of personal property or real estate to Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc.
A planned gift is an investment in Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. A planned gift may also help you achieve certain personal financial goals, particularly with regard to tax planning and management.
Will or Trust Bequest
The most straightforward way of making a planned gift is through a bequest in your will or trust. This allows you to distribute your property in accordance with your wishes.
You can make a primary or contingent gift to Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc using the following simple language:
I hereby give and bequeath to Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc., a not-for-profit corporation in Weatherford, Texas (specific amount, percentage of estate, or specific property) for general purposes.
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. You can also name Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. as a beneficiary on your retirement accounts, life insurance, and annuities. It only takes 3 easy steps to make this type of gift.
Here's how to name Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. as a beneficiary:
- Contact your retirement plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution for a change-of-beneficiary form.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. to receive and name Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc., along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- If you include Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc.
Address: P.O. Box 114, Weatherford, Texas 76086
Federal Tax ID Number: 46-4718690
- If you have already included Chandor Gardens Foundation Inc. in your estate plan, please notify us so that we may properly recognize your commitment, and make sure we have a clear understanding of your plans. Your notification will be treated confidentially, if you so desire.
The information on this website is not intended as legal or tax advice. For such advice, please consult an attorney or tax advisor.